November 19, 2012
Visit the Hospital-Acquired Conditions page for evidence-based resources available on the NGC Web site to assist users in the prevention of CMS-identified hospital-acquired conditions.
Health Awareness Topics - November 2012
- American Diabetes Month (see related guidelines and the guideline synthesis landing page for various diabetes-related topics)
- COPD Awareness Month (see related guidelines and the guideline synthesis landing page for various COPD-related topics)
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month (see related guidelines)
- National Alzheimer's Disease Awareness Month (see related guidelines and the guideline synthesis landing page for various diabetes-related topics)
- Save the Date! G-I-N North America is co-sponsoring with the Section on Evidence Based Health Care (SEBHC) of The New York Academy of Medicine a two-day conference on "Evidence-Based Guidelines Affecting Policy, Practice and Stakeholders (E-GAPPS)." The conference will be held December 10-11, 2012 in New York City. Registration is open and conference information is available at http://www.nyam.org/egapps2012 .
- The Guidelines International Network North America (G-I-N NA) continues to sponsor a monthly webinar series on topics of interest to the North American guideline community. Information on upcoming webinars, as well as audio files and slides from past webinars, is available on the G-I-N Web site .