April 09, 2012
Health Awareness Topics - April 2012
- Alcohol Awareness Month (see related guidelines)
- National Autism Awareness Month (see related guidelines)
How to Participate
- Submit guidelines: Visit our Submit Guidelines page for information on how to submit your organization's guidelines.
- Suggest a guideline for possible inclusion: Submit your suggestions for evidence-based guidelines that you would like to see included in NGC.
- Suggest a Guideline Synthesis topic: We welcome your suggestions for guideline synthesis topics!
The Guidelines International Network (G-I-N) Conference 2012, will be held August 22-25, 2012 in Berlin, Germany. Registration is now open.
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Advisory
- April 10, 2012: Birth Control Pills Containing Drospirenone : FDA has completed its review of recent observational (epidemiologic) studies regarding the risk of blood clots in women taking drospirenone-containing birth control pills.Based on this review, FDA has concluded that drospirenone-containing birth control pills may be associated with a higher risk for blood clots than other progestin-containing pills. FDA is adding information about the studies to the labels of drospirenone-containing birth control pills.