Search is run by a powerful engine, providing the best results. Results are ranked
to ensure the most important matches are at the top of the page. Search inputs are not case-sensitive;
simply type in a word or phrase.
To narrow search results:
- Enter a CUI number or specific vocabulary code (SNOMEDCT, ICD9CM, UMDNS) by itself for exact matches.
- Enclose a word or phrase in quotation marks for exact matches (Note: The use of quotation marks bypasses the semantic piece of the search engine).
- Use a Boolean operator (AND, OR, NOT) to make logical connections between search terms.
- Include hyphens in search terms for results dependent on punctuation.
- Add an asterisk at the end of a search term for truncation (e.g., diabet*).